VISILAB, at Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM) in Ciudad Real has since 1999 focused on developing computer vision and artificial intelligence tools, with applications in fields such as security and surveillance, quality control, image diagnosis, decision support systems and biomedical engineering, with more than 150 publications and national and international projects.
Biomedical Applications Image-based Diagnosis: Application of computer vision and image processing to diagnostic applications and Biomedical Engineering.
Computer vision applications: Applications such as surveillance, biometry, human-computer interaction, etc.
Ontologies and Electronic Health Records: Dynamic applications for the development of electronic medical records by specialty and user level, following medical standards such as SNOMED-CT, DICOM, etc. Applications also include tools for decision support based on knowledge.
Decision support systems in engineering: Methodologies based on artificial intelligence and statistical analysis of decision support in different applications of Industrial and Biomedical Engineering, from the analysis and processing of signals to data analysis.
The laboratory has the following equipment:
- Cluster of super-computing 17 nodes, interconnection network INFINIBAND.
- Mass storage systems.
- Robotic microscope: ALIAS – LifeSpan Biosciences Inc. and LEICA DM-6000B.
- Laser range finders with units pan-tilt: Safety and inspection applications.
- IP cameras, motorized, wireless: Surveillance applications and interaction.
- 15 workstations.
- NVIDIA-GPU desktop supercomputers.
- 3D Printers.